Wednesday, March 23, 2005

3 years back

On this day, 3 years back I was busy preparing for one
of my post grad math exams (I guess it is Mathematical
Modelling or Statistics .. i can't remember which)
all tension in the air ... because most of us had spent most
of our even semester preparing for GATE exam rather
than concentrating on the course work. GATE results
were due on March 31st and all the college was waiting
and expecting great results from us because of the hype we
all created in preparation. The next day's final semester exam
seemed remote and unimportant. We went through all that ..
all our classmates ... through that tension .. supporting each
other... a sense of togetherness .... I can't forget the unity
among us. Now here I'm three years older than I was then ..
typing away about what happened then .... Most of us did
not even bother to ask each other how we did the final sem
exams .. even CK, I remember was unusually quite after
any og those exams .. Those 7 days constituted the slowest
week in my life till now.. after long last March 31st did come ..
and the GATE results were to be announced in the afternoon ..
I still remember Jaya walking off after lunch to Mandir to do
meditation for some time so that he can be ready to face
whatever the result might be .. First time ever in Maths dept ..
our guys achieved what was not thought abt b4...
Jaya got All India 11th rank in GATE(Maths) and Sagar got
31st. I got 154th rank in GATE(CS), PVSS got some 50th
rank in GATE (M) .... and many other guys got good ranks
in Physics and Chemistry too.. by God's grace... we were
rejoicing the whole night ... I still remember those days with
happy tears in my eyes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home