Wednesday, April 27, 2005

those doordarshan programs

i still remember being all fussed and hurried into
geting ready by 9 on Sunday mornings to see
the TV serial "Ramayan" and a few years later..
"Mahabharat.." .. the title songs ring in my ears even
now .. ""
I also faintly remember rushing from school to see
"Giant Robot" at 3:30 .. i loved it ... even "Street Hawk"
Some of my best programs were.. "Turning Point"
"The World This Week" and "Bharat Kee Khoj"
(with Nehru narrating ... ) and ofcourse.. my best
ever ... "Surabhi" ... hmm ..... I miss all that !!

2 Comments:

At 28 April, 2005 01:32, Blogger saka said...

yep , even i too have fond memories of Gaint Robort, Street Hack, potli baba ki and one techo serial that used tocome on sunday afternoon. I used to wait for fridays to come as the exclusive songs program will come that evening on regional channel. The Best thing was , on a sunday evening , around 7.00pm , u will hardly find anyone on streets. All will be watching movies. But Now ???

 
At 28 April, 2005 03:14, Blogger Chax said...

yeah .. !!
I also used to like BCIC programs.. they
used to show Swami sometimes as the programs
shown were sometimes held in Parthi for
Swami's Birthday.
hey, I have the theme Music of BCIC programs
not so good quality but mp3. Rehman composed
it. anyone who wants can mail me .. i'll send it ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home