Tuesday, January 10, 2006

laughter in uniform

at last yesterday i faced an incident that's worth publishing in
in "laughter in uniform" series in Readers Digest magazine ..

i was having lunch with my team mates ... (as is common I suppose
in any organization ... ) and i get a call to my cell phone ... I picked it up
and a booming voice on the other end asked if it was 9xxxxxxxxx ?? ...
It being so ... i confirmed that much .. and then the same voice
congratulated me profusely for winning a lucky draw of a gift worth
7000 Rs ... (u can imagine my eyebrows raising and twiching vigorously..)
... then fell the axe ... he asked me politely if it is possible to get my
wife and come to such 'n such a place for collecting the same ...
(i untwitched and unraised my eyebrows ... if i may use the expression ..)
and i answered him sternly that i was not married and was not interested in
what he was saying ... and i hung up...
wait ... the fun part is all my team mates over the table heard just this much
from my side of the discussion ... "I'm not married and i'm not interested in you"
(i actually said "your offer" .. but u know how sometimes we hear only what we
want to and not what is actually said .. )
there was laughter for next 1 minute on the table and i unwillingly joined in ...
u know these things do happen occasionally ... it is fun to be part and enjoy it ...

1 Comments:

At 17 January, 2006 03:39, Blogger Prakash Venkat said...

oh ! that was really good one ...... Go ahead and send it for Readers Digest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home