Friday, October 27, 2006

the travails of the less agile young men

like me .. I almost added to the title .. that'd be too prosaic. So I didn't. This is the second occasion in a span of few days that I hurt my knees by falling down awkwardly. Once on the road and the second time - i'm sorry to say - on the treadmill in gym.
Sometimes I wonder .. in all those movies, even with minimum amount of action involved, people are falling all over, when being chased, when confronted and there is some sort of fight or the other and they all seem to be pretty okay about it . With just a couple of bruises over both of my knees and a slight muscle sprain in my left upper arm, I felt so dissolute when I pulled myself up beside the treadmill .
Why go for movies, all these atheletes and gymnasts doing somersaults, falling about 120 times a day .... god . how do they do it ?
Anyway, I find myself chanting "careful ... CAREFUL ..." , hoping not to become like one of those P G Wodehouse characters (Bertram Wooster i think) who supposedly can trip over a huge table in middle of a huge and otherwise empty room.

4 Comments:

At 30 October, 2006 03:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mr. Bertram Wooster :-D
gr8 goin. ;-)

 
At 30 October, 2006 05:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude.
1. when was that? surprised that never noticed when i met u on sunday

2. More surprised to know that u r spending some quality time in Gym!!
gr8!!!

:)

 
At 31 October, 2006 09:41, Blogger Chax said...

dude as i said, they are on the knees and upper arm. You won't notice them unless i show them. And anyway we are all completely involved in that program preps that no one would have noticed my odd positions in sitting and difficulty in bending my knees :-)

 
At 06 November, 2006 07:27, Blogger Prakash Venkat said...

From when did Mr. Wooster start going to gym ?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home