Monday, October 23, 2006

You've Got Mail

i felt so nice watching the movie "You've Got Mail". May be the reason i liked it has something to do with the fact that my parents are in search of a match for me. But, whatever, i simply loved the movie. Though it's an old movie, it somehow happened that i had only seen it in parts every now and then, and have seen a couple of bad imitations in local languages. Seeing the movie as a whole was worth every bit of those one and a half hours.
Finding a soulmate to fill your heart with joy ?? I mean, how often does that happen ? On films, it may be cool thing to see but life is so different.
Coming back to the movie, I liked the fact that anyone, literally anyone, whom you may not even know, can be influencing you in ways you do not realise. Scary, yes. True nevertheless. It can't be a happy union, if husband and wife have the same interests in everything. It will get boring. As much as i loved the soft nature of Kathelene Kelly ("I love daisies, don't you love daisies, don't you think daisies are the most friendliest of flowers ?") - excellently played by Meg Ryan), i also liked the confident, business-like, yet sensitive character of Joe Fox (needless to say, great acting by Tom Hanks). There are so many lovely dialogues in the movie, which are worth recalling a zillion times. How about this -
Kathelene Kelly [ShopGirl] : The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings. So, thanx.
and I like this dialogue sooo much -
Joe Fox [NY152]: Would'nt it be great if i could pass all my zingers to you then i could always be nice and you could be nasty whenever you wanted to be. Although i must warn you... when you eventually have the pleasure of saying the thing you want to say at the moment your wanting to say it... remorse eventually follows...
I can keep seeing this movie forever and i definitely will enjoy it. Nice background music by George Fenton and some of the soundtracks are very good. I especially liked the
one by Stevie Wonder and the last song (played during credits) - Anyone At all.

2 Comments:

At 23 October, 2006 04:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah. its my all time favourite .
I too like each and every dialog and fell for Meg when i saw this movie first.


Dude.. Make it a point to thank the guy because of whom you saw this movie!!! in other words 'reminding you to return my DVD' .. Just kidding!!!

 
At 26 October, 2006 02:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah. a second consecutive posts on movies. **just read saka's** okay. one more movie 2 b watched.

**rp takes his mem-pad & scribbes a note in it**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home