Sunday, August 19, 2007

come back

It was this afternoon, a bright sunday Bangalore afternoon, while I was chewing on some old novel, ... no wait .. take back that line .... it wasn't supposed to start like that. Just to erase any false impressions, I don't generally chew on old novels in the afternoons, you know, like sitting in the porch or balcony, sipping coffee etc. No, that'll be a completely wrong picture of me. It was just that I was totally bored from gawking at my lappy, trying to figure out a bug in my project, which is a darn wrong thing to do on a Sunday, btw. But, what can i say ? All the 4 movie channels, two music channels, two science channels and two cartoon channels, were airing nothing of the stay-glued-to-the-chair types. And that bug I was talking about, has been infesting my grey cells for sometime now.

Anyways, where was I ? yeah ... as I was pouring over one of my fav. literary marvels, I realised with a brief start that it's been exactly four months since I wrote anything here. And I judged it's only fair to give the future historians some clue regarding this gap and save them from some agonizing nights. To relate it in the style of Chris Gardner (Will Smith) from the movie "Pursuit of HappYness" - this part of my life, right here ? is called - "getting married". Yup. That's right. Everyone does it. I did it. You may look askance and enquire if I had no other good reason than that. But please, I got fed up of explaining myself to people, arguing with them and all that. I'm over that now. Not that life's been unpleasant or negative in anyway after I got married, no, I don't mean that at all. But I have relatively radical views on marriage. Yes, both of us and our families are happy. Ask the CIA or anyone.

Here's a link to a video generated by one of my close friends, capturing some glimpses of the historical event. So many of my college buddies are getting married in the recent past and going to tie the knots in recent future, it's like participating in a grand gala marriage fest. For me, out of marriage, I got a lot of things. For starters, I got a lovely wife. Okay that's kinda given. I also got to meet my brother, my sis-in-law and my nephew after 3 years (bro works in US). Got to meet lot of relatives, whose names I'd forget if I didn't meet them for a year or so more. Got an excellent electric guitar from my friends (watch that you tube clip). Definitely not the least, got my parents to stay with me here at Bangalore. What more can an orthodox-family-born-music-junkie-Bangalore-lover ask for ?

This guitar, it is just amaaaaayyzzzzing. I'm impressed by the kinda faith my friends are showing in me by gifting me an original Yamaha electric guitar (speaker being part of the package). All this considering I'm an amateur strum guitarist who plays the chords from "Hotel California" for the 20th time and looks around like he's composed the song himself. Just so my parents and my neighbours don't get hard of hearing, I got a universal-jack-to-speaker-jack converter plug and now, only I get to listen to all the cacophony that I generate. I was trying some relatively easy carnatic pieces on it and really got excited by the quality of sound. Expect me to post my musical experiments here. And so, beware. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 19 August, 2007 20:52, Blogger Puthali said...

hey...tht was one amazing video! very nicely done! :) 'n yeah...so when will we get to hear u strumming on tht yamaha? 'n live mind you... :)

 
At 21 August, 2007 10:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video was good. Nice way to rub things in ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home