Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Pranatharthi Haraya Namaha

Sairam. This happened in a span of a few hours. It's an incredible miracle of
Swami. 

There's a couple and their kid who come regularly to our Sai Center here
on the Seattle-Eastside. Very calm-going silent workers of Swami. Their niece,
a 2 year old, lives with her parents close-by. The little girl is recently
diagnosed with leukemia (ALA) and she's going through a terrible time with the
chemotherapy. Her mother, who's also a Sai devotee is now in her 7th month of
pregnancy with her second child. Things have been going very tough for them at
home - healthwise. The child has to also go through the extremely painful
bone-marrow-transplant sometime in the future. This couple (I'm leaving out names
for respecting privacy) who are the aunt and uncle for the child have been helping 
the child's parents in everyway they can. It occured to me and my wife that 
they could probably benefit from any miraculous Vibhuthi and/or Amritam, if used 
on the child. My family has before benefited from the divine amritam that we 
obtained from an ashram near Srirangapatna on the Bangalore-Mysore highway. 
Being in the US, even if someone was to obtain the sacred prasadam, it would be 
hard to send it out because - the courier companies do not allow liquids and
powdery substances. Now that I reflect on it - it's kind of foolish to even
be anxious about courier. If the Lord can get powder and liquid out of seemingly
inanimate objects, a courier is nothing for Him. That said, here is the sequence
of events that happened.

Sunday, in the early hours of morning, I got a dream of Swami. I was seated in
the bhajan hall and Swami came out in his wheel chair from the interview room.
Even as I was looking at Him through the bhajan hall windows, He simply got up
from His chair and started walking normally - giving padanamsakar and darshan
to the large crowd of devotees outside and being very busy. In the dream, I was
telling myself that I will have to satisfy myself with a far away darshan in
that moment as Swami seemed very busy. As this thought was going through my mind,
I heard the pujari inside the bhajan hall - call out my fullname and I, startled,
ran up to him. He asked me to open my hands and gave me Amritam as prasadam.
The dream went on where I was running around trying to give the Amritam to my
family members, but it's not really relevant to what I'm going to describe, so
I'll skip that part. Now I woke up and told this to my wife before I can forget
it and she was happy that I got Swami's dream. We went about doing our routine
things Sunday morning and we went to the Sai center in the afternoon. When we
spoke with the aunt of the child about this dream, she was curious about the
mention of Amritam. After the bhajans, when we finally got home, my wife asked
me to take help from my Bangalore friends to obtain the prasadam. I was slightly
reluctant because I didn't want to disrupt anyone's schedules. But my wife
pressed me to do that. So, I just messaged in our WhatsApp group - which has
all my classmates from Parthi and Brindavan. One of my friends mentioned that
the ashram has stopped distributing prasadam after Swami's mahasamadhi. He and
another friend hoped to visit the ashram the coming weekend to find out more.

This started to look promising. Now, this second friend called up another of
his acquaintance who's near Mysore to see if he can be of any help in the matter.
To his (and later - all our) surprise, that person was right there in 
Srirangapantnam because he 'missed' his train. He, being a baba devotee himself,
readily said that this must be the reason why he missed the train and offered
to collect the prasadam himself right then. Within a few minutes, he has a few
ounces of the Amirtam and five miracle Vibhuti packets in his hands. My friend
on the WhatsApp group who initiated the call and our Srirangapatnam friend
together figured out a way of reaching the prasadam - to Bangalore. Another
friend - let's call him friend_3 - offered to pick up the prasadam if it was
sent with any bus driver via any of the Bangalore bound buses. This brother,
who I call friend_3 has his own mother suffering from breast cancer. When I
offered to him to take half the amritam for himself, he politely refused as
he said he can obtain that himself at a later point in time. He also had to 
go around from Majestic busstand to Bayyanappahalli Metro to collect the 
prasadam as there was a confusion with the driver. All this during working 
hours of Monday. Things were on a roll now. But we are not done yet.

Now, me and friend3 were discussing on the group chat about how to best courier
it to the US, when friend4 came in. Friend4 said - there is no need for all
that as his own brother was leaving for US in 2 days - on the Wednesday.
This was even better and safer. Another fact was that his brother's flight was
supposed to have been on Monday, but it got cancelled and the airlines gave
him a ticket for Wednesday. Co-incidence ? I hardly think so.

When friend3 got back home finally with the prasadam, his wife mentioned to
him that Swami came to her meditation and told her that He is sending something
for the family. She had no clue that her husband was out in the busstand
trying to gather prasadam for a little child - half way around the globe.
Taking this as cue from Swami, this brother takes half-a-spoon of Amritham
to his ailing mother. Now even as I write this narrative of what happened,
friend4 has visited friend3 to collect the rest of the prasadam and readied
it to be packaged with his brother back to USA, from where his brother can 
courier to the address as if it was a local package.

From an intense prayer of a mother, an aunt - a thought from another, a 
call from the third, a walk from the fourth, a wait from the fifth and an
offer to pack from the sixth -- with a missed train and a cancelled flight,
who can we attribute to such an elaborate plot - bringing out the best in 
whoever has participated? This is Swami playing His magic hand and guiding
each one of us. Jai Sai Ram !!

Prayers for my friends mother and the child to get better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home